Membership in the TPC Coalition is open to all Cameron and Willacy Counties organizations and citizens who agree to work collaboratively. The Coalition will provide a forum for community organizations and citizens to share information and prevention efforts related to tobacco prevention, cessation, tobacco-related health disparities, and tobacco-related enforcement and surveillance.
The Coalition will promote prevention and response planning for Tobacco related issues. Plans will address decision-making processes, resource management, communication systems and protocols, and coordination between facilities and organizations throughout the community.
The Coalition will focus on issues related to tobacco along with reducing the percentage of tobacco-related health disparities; and building prevention capacity and infrastructure at the Cameron and Willacy Counties level.
Membership in the TPC Coalition is open to all Cameron and Willacy Counties organizations and citizens who agree to work collaboratively.
Coalition members will be expected to:
- Share information relevant to the coalition including information about available capacity and resources
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Coalition-sponsored events/activities
- Participate in Coalition-sponsored prevention activities, including media relations and presentations
- Coalition members will gain the following benefits:
- An opportunity to actively participate in a countywide prevention planning and research as well as mobilizing community change.
- Engagement with Coalition members around information sharing, problem solving, and development